To remove the spare tire from a Ram 1500, follow these steps:
- Locate the spare tire tools: The spare tire tools are usually stored under the rear seat or in the rear storage compartment of the Ram 1500. They consist of a jack, lug wrench, and possibly a key for the locking lug nuts.
- Find the spare tire access point: The spare tire is typically located underneath the rear of the vehicle. Look for a small hole or access point in the rear bumper or under the bed of the truck.
- Insert the lug wrench: Take the lug wrench and insert it into the access point or hole designated for the spare tire. There should be a mechanism that the lug wrench will engage with.
- Lower the spare tire: Rotate the lug wrench counterclockwise to lower the spare tire. As you turn the wrench, the spare tire will lower from its stored position.
- Disconnect the spare tire: Once the spare tire is lowered, carefully slide it out from under the truck. Be cautious of the weight and ensure you have a good grip on the tire.
- Secure the spare tire: If you need to replace a flat tire with the spare, you can follow the reverse steps to secure the spare tire. If you’re removing the spare tire for storage or other purposes, ensure it is stored in a safe and secure location.
Note: The exact process may vary slightly depending on the specific model and year of your Ram 1500. It’s always a good idea to consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual for detailed instructions and safety precautions.
How To Remove A 2009 – 2021 Dodge Ram Spare Tire – Jack Removal Location – Change Flat Tire
Dodge Ram Spare Tire Removal Tool
If you own a Dodge Ram truck, then you know that the spare tire is located underneath the vehicle. In order to access it, you need to remove the wheel well cover.
Once the cover is off, you will see the spare tire and the jack.
The jack is located in a black plastic box and is held in place by two bolts. In order to remove the spare tire, you need to first loosen the lug nuts with a wrench. Then, use the jack to lift up the vehicle until the tire is clear of the ground.
To lower the jack, turn it counterclockwise. Finally, remove the lug nuts and pull off the old tire. Put on the new tire and tighten all of the lug nuts before lowering the vehicle back down to the ground.
Do You Lower the Spare Tire on a 2015 Ram 1500?
Assuming you are referring to lowering the spare tire from under the truck:
There is a jack located under the rear of the truck near the passenger side. There is also a rod that must be unscrewed in order to allow the jack to lower the spare tire.
First, remove the hub cap by prying it off with a flat head screwdriver. Next, locate the black plastic cover on the underside of the car and pull it off (it may be held on by screws). Underneath this cover, you will see the jack.
Unscrew the rod next to it and then turn the crank handle clockwise until resistance is felt – at this point, continue cranking untilthe spare tire is lowered tothe ground.
How Do You Get the Spare Tire off a 2014 Ram 1500?
Assuming you need to replace a flat tire with the spare, here are the steps:
1. Park your Ram 1500 on level ground and set the parking brake. Loosen the lug nuts on the wheel with the flat tire by turning them counterclockwise with a lug wrench. Do not remove them yet.
2. Lift up your Ram 1500 with a jack and place jack stands under the frame for support. Lower the jack until it is supporting the weight of your Ram 1500 then remove the lug nuts and wheel.
3. The spare tire is located underneath your Ram 1500 in a storage compartment. Open up the compartment door and locate the crank handle. Insert the handle into the hole in center of cover and turn it clockwise to lower spare tire down from its holder bracket.
4. Line up holes in rim of spare tire with studs on wheel hub then push tire onto hub until it is snug against brake rotor or caliper (whichever is closest). Hand-tighten each lug nut by turning clockwise with lug wrench until snug, being careful not to overtighten as this can strip threads.
5. Raise your Ram 1500 back up off of jack stands using jack then remove stands from under vehicle once all four tires are touching ground again (double check that parking brake is still engaged).
How Do You Get the Spare Tire down on a Dodge Truck?
If you have a Dodge truck, chances are you’ll need to know how to get the spare tire down at some point.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Locate the spare tire carrier. This is usually located underneath the bed of the truck, near the back.
2. Unlatch and lower the carrier. There will be a latch or handle that you need to release in order to lower the carrier down.
3. Remove the spare tire from the carrier. Once the carrier is lowered, you should be able to easily remove the spare tire from its mounts.