In order to program a key fob for a Pontiac Grand Am, you will need to have two working keys for the vehicle. If you only have one working key, you will need to visit a dealership or locksmith in order to get a new key made. Once you have two working keys, follow these steps:
1. Insert the first key into the ignition and turn it to the “On” position without starting the car.
2. Leave the first key in the ignition and insert the second key into the driver’s side door lock. Turn the key to the “Lock” position and then back to “Unlock” five times rapidly.
3. Remove both keys from the ignition and door lock and insert them into different keyrings or pockets so that they are not touching each other.
4. Press and release any button on one of the fobs – this should cause all of the doors on your Grand Am to lock and then unlock, indicating that programming was successful!
- Purchase a new key fob from a Pontiac dealership or an authorized retailer
- Locate the small black button on the back of the key fob
- Press and hold the black button for approximately five seconds
- Enter in your five-digit vehicle PIN code when prompted by the system
- If you do not know your PIN code, consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual or contact a Pontiac dealer for assistance
- The system will confirm that the key fob has been programmed successfully once the process is complete
How to Program a Key Fob for a 2003 Pontiac Grand am
If you have a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am, you may be wondering how to program the key fob. Here are the instructions:
1. Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the “On” position.
Do not start the engine. 2. Press and release the “Lock” button on the key fob. 3. Within five seconds, press and release the “Unlock” button on the key fob.
4. Within 10 seconds, press and release the “Lock” button on the key fob again. The doors will lock and then unlock to indicate that programming is complete.
How To Program a Pontiac Key Fob?
If you’re looking to program a Pontiac key fob, there are a few things you’ll need to do. First, you’ll need to find the right key fob for your car. There are a few different types of Pontiac key fobs, so make sure you get the right one.
Once you have the right key fob, you’ll need to program it to your car. This can be done by either using a special programming tool or by taking your car to a dealership. If you’re going to use a special programming tool, make sure you follow the instructions carefully.
If you take your car to a dealership, they should be able to program the key fob for you.
How Do You Program a Key Fob for a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am?
If you need to program a key fob for your 2000 Pontiac Grand Am, here’s what you’ll need to do. First, find the black plastic key remote programming button on your car. It’s usually located near the driver’s doorhandle or under the dash.
Once you’ve found it, press and hold it down for about 15 seconds. After that, release the button and turn your ignition switch to the “On” position. Next, press and release the button again for about two seconds.
You should then see a red light come on inside your car; this means that the key fob programming mode has been activated. At this point, all you have to do is press any button on your key fob and it should be programmed!
Can I Program a Key Fob Myself?
Yes, you can program a key fob yourself. The process is actually quite simple and only requires a few steps. First, you’ll need to purchase a key fob programming kit.
These are readily available online and at most auto parts stores. Once you have your kit, simply follow the instructions that come with it. In most cases, all you’ll need to do is connect the key fob to your computer via USB and then run the provided software.
The software will walk you through the rest of the process, which usually just involves entering some basic information about your car and then choosing the desired functions for your key fob. That’s it! You should now have a fully programmed key fob that’s ready to use.
How Do You Program a Key Fob for a 2004 Pontiac?
If you need to program a key fob for your 2004 Pontiac, there are a few things you need to know. First, you’ll need to have two working keys for the car. If you only have one, you can get a duplicate made at most hardware stores or locksmiths.
Once you have two keys, follow these steps:
1. Insert the first key into the ignition and turn it to the “On” position without starting the engine.
2. Leave the key in the “On” position for at least 10 minutes. After 10 minutes have passed, turn the key back to the “Off” position and remove it from the ignition.
3. Insert the second key into the ignition and turn it to the “On” position without starting the engine. Again, leave it in this position for at least 10 minutes before turning it back to “Off.”
4. With both keys out of the ignition, press and hold down on the unlock button on each key fob simultaneously for about 15 seconds. You should hear a beeping sound once this is done correctly. 5. Test out your new key fobs by pressing either button to see if they lock or unlock your doors successfully!