If you’re looking to give your Harley Bagger a little boost in power, you may be considering installing a 2 into 1 exhaust system. This type of exhaust system can increase both power and torque, giving your bike a little extra oomph. But before you start tearing into your bike, it’s important to know the steps for installing a 2 into 1 exhaust system.
Steps for Installing a 2 into 1 Exhaust System on Harley Bagger
The installation process of a 2 into 1 exhaust system on your Harley bagger does not have to be a challenge. In fact, it can take you a few hours to be done. Assuming you have the correct installation tools, here is a guide you ought to follow for an excellent installation.
- First, make sure you look for the perfect size for this exhaust system. Ideally, this should be dependent on the engine of your bike. Another factor in helping you pick a reliable exhaust size is to consider if there is already an installed performance chip.
- Mostly, it is advisable to go with a 3” exhaust pipe as it is the most common bike diameter. Besides, it gives the best outcomes on the race track and the road.
- Remember that a bike with a smaller engine and a larger diameter pipe exhibits less power. Therefore, the best exhaust tube you should buy should not be too large.
- After getting the best size of your bike exhaust system, you now need to remove the old one and install the new one. Here, make sure you have all the required hardware for an effective installation.
- Remember, of the unique features a Harley bagger has, one of them is its distinctive sound. Therefore, missing it is not an exciting thing. It is at this point a 2 in 1 exhaust system becomes helpful. When having two rather than one exhaust pipe, your bagger produces a louder sound that turns heads wherever you do. Following is an outline of the steps you should follow for an excellent installation.
- Get the necessary installation tools, including adjustable wrenches, measuring tape, a 3” exhaust pipe, and an electric drill having bits.
- Use several metal snips of perfect size to cut off your 2 in 1 exhaust system in areas it perfectly fits on your bike.
- Use the right tools to install your new exhaust pipe alongside the muffler.
- For safety, grind away extra metal, not forgetting to file down the sharp edges.
- Test it out by taking your bagger for a ride to experience its new power.
The steps for installing a 2 into 1 exhaust system on a Harley Bagger are relatively simple and can be completed in a few hours. The most important thing to remember is to take your time and be careful when working with the exhaust system. With a little patience and attention to detail, you can easily install a 2 into 1 exhaust system on your Harley Bagger.